Re: Watching subdirectories

From: <jhonyl_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:25:34 -0400

I read that future incron will support subdirs, and? I wonder how is it going to be done?

Since inotify doesn't support it,? when the sub directory is created it would starte to be
watched but it may have many new files in it that were just created and should have been
watched too, and events on them have happened that should have been reported about.
But they will not be reported about since the sub dir event would get to incron only after
some time, and by then all the new files will have been created and modified, and only
then will the new subdir start to be watched. Some events may be lost.

Is this taken under consideration?