Problem with user groups

From: Mark Styles <inotify_at_lambic.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 09:45:29 -0500

Hi,

We are using incron to manage replication of files between two web
servers. The files are created by Apache, and are in the Apache group.
The user who runs the incron script is in the Apache group.

If I run 'groups' from the command line as the incron user, I get:

wps apache

If I run 'groups' from a normal cronjob, I get:

wps apache

But if I run groups from a script called by incron, I get:

wps root bin daemon sys adm disk wheel

Is incron loading the user's groups incorrectly?

--
Mark
http://www.lambic.co.uk