Re: incrontab not working

From: Lukas Jelinek - AIKEN <lukas_at_aiken.cz>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:18:45 +0200

Hi,
I didn't understand well which events should be monitored.

> /var/log/messages IN_ACCESS /root/test $@/$#

This rule monitors only file reads. The appropriate event is sent
exactly once for each read() call (and also for other read cases, eg.
asynchronous or vector reading). If you want to monitor write events (as
done by write()) please use IN_MODIFY. You can monitor all events too -
use IN_ALL_EVENTS.

These symbols and their meanings are currently described only in the
inotify(7) man page. It has been reported as #0000157 to be incorporated
into the incrontab(5) page. I plan to do it ASAP.

Regards,

Lukas