Re: watching directories recursively

From: Darryl Dixon - Winterhouse Consulting <darryl.dixon_at_winterhouseconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:38:44 +1300 (NZDT)

> * lukas_at_aiken.cz <lukas_at_aiken.cz> [2008-03-06 09:07]:
>> it's unfortunately simple: money-paid projects have higher priority than
>> the others (including incron).
>
> Quite normal...
> Ha! I just made a donation. Now you have no excuse left :-P ;-)
>
>> But inotify-cxx is very near to the first release containing recursive
>> watching. I will try to finish it as soon as possible.

Hi All,

I can't actually remember if I've posted to this list before about this;
or even if it's completely on-topic for incron and its planned
recursive-directory-watching, but... *shrugs*... Anyhow, I made some
significant modifications to the pyinotify project to allow it to startup
very quickly recursively monitoring very large directory trees (millions
of files, 10s-of-thousands of subdirectories). This operates in Production
for many months now (since roughly mid last year) capturing roughly
20-30,000 file move/add/change/delete events per day. I am happy to
forward the ready-to-use source on to anyone interested in a solution
until incron has been updated :)

many regards,
Darryl Dixon
Winterhouse Consulting Ltd