command is not executed

From: Vinzenz Bildstein <vbildste_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 15:18:20 -0400

I've seen this error in quite a few older postings in the archive, but
no real solution to it.

I'm calling a script with one argument and the command shows up in the
/var/log/cron file as expected with the absolute path of the script
followed by a single space then the argument for the script. However,
nothing happens, whereas if I copy and paste the command from the log
file (everything within the parentheses after CMD), it works just fine.
I've tried adding a '&> \home\user\test.log' to the command, but the
test.log file never gets created.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm using Centos 5.6 with incrond 0.5.9