Re: daemon not really doing anything on Fedora 13

From: Mike Young <myoung_at_wildernessvoice.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 10:08:47 -0600

I actually didn't see an earlier response from you, but this is definitely doing something. I can actually see my syslog updating now with something as simple as a 'ls'. Previously, I saw no action whether I did a file create or modify.

Now I've just got to figure out what the syntax is for doing the rest of the function.

The hard restart isn't necessarily my preference. It's for another group that has requested it. I've just been looking for something that is manageable via a config file of some type and that can monitor various events and take appropriate action. So this was top on my list to try. Been having dependency issues with getting the source to build on Fedora 13. So that's when I tracked down the rpm and gave that a try.

Thanks!

-Mike