Re: Watching subdirectories

From: Lukas Jelinek - AIKEN <lukas_at_aiken.cz>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 21:21:44 +0200

Hi,
I think some clarification is necessary.

- INOTIFY is a technology for watching filesystem events. It's a
standard part of the Linux kernel (since 2.6.13).
- INOTIFY-CXX is a C++ interface for INOTIFY. It is intended for
simplier and more comfortable use of INOTIFY.
- INCRON (a.k.a. INOTIFY CRON) is a cron-like system which executes
command on filesystem events.

As I know there is currently no application supporting watching files in
subdirectories. Please be patient - incron WILL support it in the near
future.

Lukas