Re: restarting individual IN_ONESHOT rules

From: Euan Maxwell <euanmaxwell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 10:31:08 +0100

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM, OrionFyre <orionfyre_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Would these events happen to coincide with site login and logouts?
> perhaps the user logs out after uploading the sum of hte files to his
> folder. In a case such as this it might be more prudent to put these
> summary actions in the run controls for the ftp if this were the case.
> Or is this a persistant connection?

That was actually my first solution. However, we have no control over
how the events are uploaded. These uploads can span multiple FTP
sessions which made that solution not so practical.

I originally looked at using pure-ftpd to handle this as it has a hook
for running an upload script every time a file hits.

inotify/incron seems like a better solution as it's not coupled
specifically to the FTP server too.

What sort of load/overhead should I expect from setting up potentially
dozens of directory watches with incron??

Thanks,

Euan.